Summer office hours are:
June 6, 7, & 12 7:00am – 2:00pm
July 5 (7am-2pm), 11 (7am-11am) , & 18 (7am-2pm)
The office will reopen on Tuesday, August 1.
If you need assistance you may leave a message at (719) 685-2227 or email [email protected]
The Village School with a Global Reach
Ute Pass Elementary School, located at the foot of Pikes Peak, serves the historic communities of Cascade, Chipita Park, Green Mountain Falls, and Crystola. Ute Pass Elementary is a small school where personal attention, strong relationships, and rigorous learning lead to unequaled opportunities for high achievement and leadership development. Our small size leads to big advantages for children – personalized attention, strong relationships, and a cozy, nurturing environment. If you are new to the area, we invite you to come in for a tour. If you are a member of our community, become involved in our school and to visit us often. Our school is a reflection of the great people who attend, work here, and support us. Please feel free to come in, visit, volunteer, and share of yourself.
Our school is proud to offer:
- 3 & 4 year old Preschool 2017/18 Preschool registration begins March 6, 2017. Visit Preschool under the “Classroom” tab for more information.
- Free full-day Kindergarten
- 6th Grade Mountain Academy of Arts & Sciences
- An After School Program (arts14 and TAP) that offers enrichment opportunities
- After school homework help
- Intervention program that provides specialized experiences for students in the areas of math, reading, and writing
- iPads to extend student access to high-quality literature, writing opportunities, and research
- “High” ratings on State Accountability Report
- Curriculum that addresses the whole child including music, art, computer, life-long reading skills, and physical education
- A challenging academic environment that encourages each student to achieve their full potential
- “Out of the classroom” learning opportunities
- Hands-on science instruction
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Emphasis on a kind and caring community in a small-school setting
- Active, involved parents
- Local and global service project opportunities
- Participation in various musical and theatrical productions
Ute Pass Elementary is committed to nurturing the whole child’s academic and personal growth, supported by a rigorous individualized learning environment and a strong partnership of student, staff, home and community.
I care when I nurture each child
I care when I provide a rigorous individualized learning environment
I care when I maintain a strong partnership with students, parents,
community and other staff members.
I care when I am kind and respectful
I care when I try my best each day
I care when I come to school ready to learn
I care when I get my students to school on time, prepared to learn
I care when I support my student’s teacher and their expectations
I care when I support my student’s learning at home.
Chris Briggs-Hale, UPES Principal
Office email: [email protected]
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Ute-Pass-Elementary-234424271585/
“Our highest endeavor must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives. The need for imagination, a sense of truth, and a feeling of responsibility—these three forces are the very nerve of education.”
― Rudolf Steiner
Within these walls,
We maximize the whole human through each child’s unique personality.
We build relationships, establish rigor, and provide opportunity.
We teach grit, model strength, and practice tenacity.
We laugh, share joy, experience joy, and celebrate.
We shape meaning from hardship and allow mistakes to be the alchemy of opportunity.
We celebrate the complexity of each person.
We reflect deeply, listen, and seek meaningful feedback.
We collaborate to build deeper curiosity.
We focus on love. We cultivate the positive. We assume best intentions.
We leverage expertise.
We invite diversity to change us.
We teach focus and practice being present.
We grow leaders who are fearless.
Student Accident Insurance
Our school/district has selected the Student Insurance Plan from K&K Insurance Group to make reliable coverage available to parents. If you don’t have other insurance, this plan may be a resource to consider. Additionally, even if you have other coverage, this plan can help fill expensive “gaps” caused by deductible and co-pays. Coverage may be purchased at any time during the school year by visiting www.studentinsurance-kk.com.